Affiliated organizations provide ways to extend and deepen our connections with each other, the Dharma, and the wider community.
Puna Hongwanji hosts the following groups:
- Buddhist Women’s Association (BWA): Helping sustain the teachings through fellowship, programs, and volunteer service. Our temple’s BWA unit is connected to BWA at the district, state, and world levels. See Hawaii Federation of Buddhist Women’s Associations (HFBWA).
- Junior and Senior Young Buddhist Associations (Jr. YBA and Sr. YBA): Our temple YBA groups organize events, serve the community, and maintain connections to YBA members throughout Hawaii and elsewhere in the world.
- Dharma School: A community of students, teachers, and families learning and practicing the Teachings with classes held after Sunday morning family service.
- Project Dana: An organized group of volunteers offering support to the elderly and others in need at our temple and within the wider community. Our temple group is connected to the statewide Project Dana organization.
- Puna Taiko: Our taiko (ensemble drumming) group. Practices and classes for various skill levels and age groups are held throughout the week at our temple as well as off-site. Updated information can be found at www.punataiko.com.
- Puna Hongwanji Judo Club: Offering practices every Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Puna Hongwanji. See the Judo Club’s Facebook page.
We invite you to explore the many opportunities for participation provided through our affiliated organizations!