Temple Doors Open and Columbarium Opens with Restrictions on June 7, 2020
Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. will be our first in person service.
As we open the temple doors on Sunday there will be changes to the way we “used to do” things, so please bring patience and compassion along. Our number one priority is the safety and health of everyone, therefore, we will be following CDC guidelines and the guidelines of our temple leader Bishop Eric Matsumoto. We know change is hard, but please follow the instructions as it’s not only to protect you, it’s to protect EVERYONE. If you do not feel well or comfortable coming to temple don’t feel like you need to come. We will continue to Live Stream the service on Facebook so that you can still hear the teachings from the comfort of your own home. Buddha is with you no matter where you are.
Please note the following changes that will be implemented going forward and is subject to change.
1. Mask/face covering must be worn at all times.
2. Hand sanitizer will be provided and must be used prior to entering.
3. Please maintain social distancing, except for family members in the same household.
4. Everyone was so used to getting a hug by Dora as they entered temple. Please no hugging, handshakes, fist bumps, high fives. Instead from your social distance bow, shaka, wave, air hug, air fist bumps, air high fives.
5. Please sit on marked pews only. We are not able to accommodate everyone upstairs so there will be some that will need to sit in the social hall. In the hall there is a screen set-up to watch the service.
6. There will be no books or handouts. Everything will be shown on the screen.
7. There will be no chanting or singing by the congregation, only the minister will be allowed. You may follow along quietly in your mind.
8. There will be no oshoko (offering of incense) by the congregation, only the minister on behalf of everyone.
9. After service no refreshments will be provided.
10. We know everyone misses seeing each other, but please do not congregate and socialize before and after temple service.
We realize so many new rules, but we are doing this for everyone’s well being and safety. With Covid-19 all it takes is one person for it to affect many others. So to keep the temple doors open, please help us and follow the guidelines. We hope one day we can be less restrictive, but at this time we need to add restrictions if we want to open the temple doors. As we receive updated guidelines things could change so please be patient.
Whether you decide to come to temple or join us from the comforts of your own home, please stay safe and healthy. Namo Amida Butsu.
The Columbarium hours will open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
1. Wear your mask and keep social distance.
2. Use hand sanitizer before entering.
3. Limit of 10 people in the columbarium.
4. The powdered incense, incense sticks, and lighter have been removed to avoid high touch items. Please bring your own lighter or matches and incense sticks, like when visiting grave sites.
5. If you bring flowers, please place your flowers on the side table outside and resident minister will offer the flowers for you.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.